Sunday, December 20, 2009

Little Cuppy

This cup was broken because of a crack on the rim caused by squeezing the cup during decoration. (or so Kirk says) When I threw it into the dumpster, it broke in half... revealing some decent craftsmanship. And of course I can't keep this kind of thing to myself. The trimming is decent (for probably being done blindly... as in I didn't check the thickness before I flipped the cup and started trimming), but the interior shows some small humps that are throwing errors. I love breaking things in half to see what kind of throwing I'm doing. Such good experience. Anyway, thought this was pretty sweet.


The little humps that distort the interior curve. A serious issue for me this semester. Outside curve is better, but can always use work.

Same picture, sans arrows.

Love, from Lititz, PA

PS. Rusted Root show at House of Blues Cleveland Dec. 30th!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Cleveland is a good place for Rusted Root. The big question is are you going???

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. does the crown symbol mean something? it's very similar to Basquiat's crown. didn't know if there was something behind that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is one of the most interesting photos on here. not that your real pieces aren't interesting, i just love seeing the process in people's work and this shows it well. i agree with nixdorf. the handles are subtly changing and getting more and more interesting. do you like working so focused on one aspect of your pieces? it sounds like a good time for growth.

    on a side note, i had to do some class blogs for foundations. my two blogs right now are: http://cethanmartin.wordpress.com and http://alfredtime.blogspot.com/search/label/ethan%20martin

    the first one is a collection of information on a line through alfred and the second one is based on time. it's probably more interesting and has my performance and sound pieces. feel free to comment.

    ReplyDelete