Friday, May 29, 2009

Alfred

Hand-picked images from Alfred last summer:



Grad student Tom's demo. Since this, I have discovered the wonders of plaster. I like working in mixed media. Who knows where such things will take me.
Add ImageTwo chamber wood kiln. This captured my attention because of how stark the image is. Full-frontal view with doors being slowly unbricked. The aftermath of loading and firing is clearly visible... rubble is everywhere. But the scene feels so calm considering the long and busy loading and firing that took place in this area earlier.


The Museum. Mixed Media piece on the left -- Something I aspire to try out some day. and the master himself, Pete Voulkos in the backround.


Bricking up the door of the single chamber wood kiln. Bricking done by my row of fellow artists. More like the story of the 30-somethings and the recent high school graduate. I was fortunate to build these temporary friendships. Late night chats and even a trip to the lake; lessons learned. I wish so badly to be back in those moments, but nothing could ever and will never be the same.

Love, from soon-to-be Kent, OH

No comments:

Post a Comment